To thrive in the digital world and convert incoming traffic into customers, whether you’re a sole entrepreneur or a major industry player, it is crucial to have effective marketing skills that understand what interests site visitors. Among the various factors that contribute to boosting conversion, web design is the most important. Attractiveness and aesthetics play a significant role in keeping readers engaged, as revealed by Stanford University research, where 46.1% of respondents considered web design as the top criteria for judging a company’s credibility.
In addition to online strategies, it’s necessary to regularly improve web design to ensure it remains effective and aligned with user experience. If the design is not converting into sales, making simple tweaks can help accomplish the intended purpose.
Wondering how to get started with Local Search Marketing?
Here are six design changes that directly impact conversions:
- Establish a clear value proposition: Clearly convey your company’s value within seconds to convince visitors that you are the ultimate solution. A simple and attractive homepage with a visually appealing picture and precise value proposition can compel the audience to explore further.
- Implement simple navigation: Guide visitors through each step of the website, encouraging them to take desired actions. Instead of overwhelming them with instructional text, provide intuitive tips and concise snippets of information. Utilize white space to create a minimalist impression and simplicity while ensuring easy navigation with the fewest clicks possible.
- Maintain a predictable layout: To achieve reasonable conversion rates, while also aiming to stand out, provide a familiar layout. Observe how other businesses in your niche shape their websites. Avoid clutter and distractions, focusing on user convenience and meeting their expectations regarding the placement of contact information and search boxes.
- Use graphics and visual cues: Enhance decision-making for visitors by incorporating graphics that tell a story and emotionally connect with the content. Use visuals to give prominence to important information and calls to action. Ensure that the web developers you hire understand the strategic use of illustrations for improving conversions.
- Optimize color schemes: Colors play a crucial role in communicating the brand message and unique selling proposition. Consistency is key. Use consistent colors for products, buttons, calls to action, and headers throughout the website to reinforce recognition and increase conversions.
- Optimize for mobile: With the increasing prevalence of smartphones, it’s essential to have a mobile-responsive website. Prioritize key content and calls to action at the top to minimize scrolling for mobile users. Design a mobile-specific site with a clean menu to enhance user experience and retain customers.
Consumer expectations are constantly evolving, so it is essential to measure and test visitor reactions continuously. The goal is to make desirable actions easy and frictionless by adopting new design principles when necessary. This ongoing process requires experimentation.
Apply these tips to your website design to achieve a higher conversion rate and stay ahead in the ever-changing online market.